Contest Objective: To encourage students at Schultz, Mahaffey, and Bernshausen Elementary Schools to make water conservation an active part of their daily lives.
- All students in grades from K-5 at Schultz, Mahaffey, and Bernshausen Elementary Schools or any elementary aged child that resides within the Dowdell Public Utility District is eligible to participate.
- The artwork must promote the 2024 Theme: Groundwater: Making the Invisible Visible. The theme aims to highlight how important groundwater is to our environment.
- Students are encouraged to create original, thoughtful artwork that illustrates their understanding of this year’s theme. Students should explain how water can be conserved at school, at home and in the lives of their family and friends.
- Artwork should be submitted on an 8½ x 11-inch white sheet of paper and fill the page.
- The student artist should use no more than five bright, bold colors to create the art.
- The artwork should lend itself to be reproduced on T-shirts and posters.
- Artwork containing promotional material (e.g., company logos, brand names) will be disqualified.
- The contest entry form must be attached with a paperclip (form below) to the back of the artwork and must be completed in full and signed off by a parent or guardian. Student names should not appear on the actual artwork. An incomplete entry form could be disqualifying.
- All entries become the property of the Dowdell Public Utility District.
- Students may only submit one entry for judging and will be disqualified if more than one is entered.
- Entry deadlines: Students must submit the art to the designated school person by no later than April 5, 2024.The winners will be notified on or before April 22, 2024.
- Each grade at each school will be judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons.
- All first-place winners will be judged for the best of school.
- The three best of school winners will be judged for First Place: Best in Show, Second Place Overall Winner and Third Place Overall Winner. Best of show will receive an award and a gift card worth $250. Second Place Overall will receive an award and a gift card worth $125. Third Place Overall will receive an award and a gift card worth $60. The gift cards will be issued from either Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
- The winning artwork will be displayed on the Dowdell Public Utility District’s website and could potentially appear on official 2024 T-shirts, posters, and other promotional items.
- The winners of the contest will be notified and will receive recognition at a special awards ceremony on Monday, April 22, 2024 at the Klein Multipurpose Center, and later at a regular meeting of the Dowdell Public Utility District.
Questions? Concerns? Please contact Dowdell Board member Allison Copony at: email@example.com